Health Literacy Lesson Plan Contest
Win a Free Round Trip Ticket on Southwest Airlines
We’d love to hear your ideas on how to effectively integrate health and nutrition into you instruction. The Florida Literacy Coalition (FLC) is seeking submissions of lesson plans (including creative games and activities) that you have developed and successfully used with your students. Submitted lesson plans will be posted on FLC’s website as part of a freely available health literacy lesson plan bank.
First Prize: Round trip airline to any Southwest destination
Second Prize: $100 gift voucher good toward any ticket on Southwest Airlines (expires 09/09/14)
Bonus Drawing: All contestants will be entered to win a $100 Southwest gift voucher
- Florida teachers and tutors are invited to submit up to three lesson plans of their original work.
- Include your name, lesson title, subject area, intended student population, a brief lesson summary, learning objectives and step-by-step procedures.
- Include list of the materials to be used, as well as copies of handouts, games or activities (if applicable).
- Lesson plans should focus on; a) health, healthcare or nutrition, and b) serving adult basic education, literacy, ESOL or family literacy students.
- Any images used must be royalty free or correctly cited.
- Include an approximation of the time it takes to execute the lesson.
- The lesson plans must have been tested with students.
- Make your submission through the link below by March 17, 2014.
We’re looking forward to your submissions and the opportunity to share your ideas with Florida’s community of adult educators! You are welcome to submit lesson plans after the deadline, but they will not be part of the contest.
Special thanks to Southwest Airlines for their generous support!