The State Adult
Literacy Resource Center is making available materials grants to community
adult basic education and literacy organizations to acquire tutor resource
and training materials. Student workbooks and materials are not included.
Programs are eligible to order tutor materials
valued at up to $30 per tutor with a maximum of $500 per workshop. We ask that you limit your request to 3
workshops from July 2016 - June 2017. Please submit requests at least 10 working days prior to the workshop.
Procedure for Materials
- Complete the application form below and upload a copy of your workshop flyer.
- FLC will contact you with regard to the status of your request via email.
approval of your request, you will be asked to provide a detailed list of
materials with purchase amounts, contact information for (up to 2)
vendor/publisher(s), and to confirm your shipping address.
- The Florida Literacy Coalition (FLC) will
then place the order, pay for the materials and have them shipped directly
- The session will be added to the
State Literacy Resource Center Calendar.
We ask you to please accommodate requests to attend from people outside
of your organization on a space available basis.
- After the completing of your tutor
training workshop, you agree to mail/email the Florida Literacy Coalition;
1) copy of attendance sign in sheet with names and signatures of those who attended the session
and received the materials, 2) copy of the training agenda, 3) a summary of
the workshop evaluation forms, 4) copy of handouts, or list of materials
provided on the organization’s letterhead.
- Contact FLC regarding any undistributed
Request a Tutor Trainer:
If you are in need of a trainer to come to your organization, we may be able to partner with you to help support this. Please contact Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.